25/12/2012 | 4 comments
Registration for the annual epic multi stage enduro across France aka the Trans-Provence opens at 23.00 GMT on Friday 30th Novemeber
If you fancy an adventure of a lifetime, a bit of lactic pain and more baguettes than you can eat then you need to stay up late this Friday. Don’t go to the pub, sit in and watch A Touch Of Frost or something with a cup of tea and a biscuit, Hobnobs or Rick Tea, and be ready to pounce on the internet at the stroke of eleven o’clock.
- But before Frost, Hobnobs and tea you need to download and fill out the entry form www.trans-provence.com/TRANS-PROVENCE_2013_ENTRY_FORM.docx
- Fill it in.
- Then email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
All the details are below and at www.trans-provence.com
2013 DATES & DETAILS
The 2013 Mavic® Trans-Provence event will take place from Saturday 28th September – Saturday 5th October 2013. The racing takes place from Sunday 29th September – Friday 4th October, inclusive.
The package price for Mavic® Trans-Provence 2013 is €1395. For this you get the experience of a lifetime which, in physical terms, consists of:
- Airport transfers to the start and from the end of the event
- A fully signposted 6-day route which passes through a huge variety of different landscapes and containsmore singletrack than any other 6-day MTB event.
- Groundbreaking multi-timed-stage-per-day format which creates excitement, but equally a friendly and sociable rally-style ambience.
- A detailed route description booklet plus GPS data for back-up
- Vehicle uplifts each morning to the trailhead (intended to maximise the quantity of singletrack we are able to cover daily, not make the route “easier”)
- Use of the Mavic® Trans-Provence event standard 1-man tent and thick air mattress
- Use of all campsite facilities at the quality sites at which our nightly camps are located
- Transportation of your kit bag –clothing and bike equipment– from one camp to the next (i.e. your stuff will be waiting for you when you arrive at camp each afternoon).
- Break-down, transportation and set-up of your tent and air mattress, from one camp to the next (i.e. your tent will already be set up when you arrive at camp each afternoon)
- 3 meals prepared for you each day: breakfast, lunch (+ free-choice feeding station snacks) and dinner (with wine) cooked by one of the best catering teams in the MTB holiday/event business
- Snacks and rehydration on arrival at camp
- Care and attention from professional medical staff, where necessary
- Neutral technical support (+ emergency parts) from a team of pro mechanics, courtesy of Mavic.
- Suspension support (forks and rear shocks) courtesy of Mojo Suspension
- 2013 Trans-Provence event T-shirt
- Final night restaurant meal & evening party, overlooking the Mediterranean coast
The price does not include flights, bottled/canned drinks or sports massage therapy.
Registration for the 2013 race will open at the start of Saturday 1st December 2012. There will be 55 public places available (in addition to the 17 pre-reservation places for pro teams). These places will be assigned on a first-come-first-served basis although please note that all applicants are subject to a mountain biking experience check.
In order to apply for entry to the Trans-Provence 2013 race, please follow this three-step procedure:
1) Download our 2013 entry request form
2) Fill out the form electronically and save it on your computer
3) From midnight, 00:00:00 Central European Time (Paris/Berlin/Madrid/Zürich) at the start of 1st December 2012 (corresponds to 23:00 GMT / 15:00 PST / 18:00 EST on 30 November 2012), email the form JUST ONCE as an attachment (with a very brief covering note if you like) to email@example.com