17/10/2012 | 15 comments
Not one to be outdone by GoPro, Drift have just announced the release of this all singing and dancing number…
Open Gallery18 Images
Drift really have thrown a whole load of technology at this camera, and first impressions are that in terms of ‘features for money’ this camera is definitely going to give GoPro a run for their money. www.actioncameras.co.uk are already taking pre-orders for the camera and they reckon that you should get one in your hands on November 19th. The full specs and a sample video are below, but basically we can’t wait to get our hands on one, and as soon as we do we’ll give you the full lowdown…
- 1080p High Definition
- microSD Memory Capacity: up to 32GB
- 60fps in 720p, 120fps in VGA
- Still Photo: 11 megapixel with Photoburst Mode
- Drift Active StatusTM Two-Way Remote with LED Lights
- Drift FlashbackTM Video Tag/Loop
- Built-In 2-Inch LCD Screen with Gorilla Glass®
- Drift DataLinkTM Wi-Fi Enabled & Drift App (coming soon)
- Advanced Drift PureTM Audio Technology
- Enhanced 7 Element Lens Design
- Lens Angle: 170° Fully Rotatable Wide Angle Lens (130° at 60fps)
- Digital Zoom: x10
- Water Proof to 3m (9.84ft)
- Remote Control: Wireless RF (10m range) Hands Free Video and Photo
- Mounts: Multiple Mounting Design, Standard 1/4″ 20 thread
- Audio: Built-in Microphone & Speaker, 2.5mm Mono Plug Input
- HDMI: Mini (Type c) HDMI connector for HDTV playback
- Menus: User Friendly Control Panel in 15 Languages
TECH SPEC SUMMARY:
Active Status® Two-Way Remote with LED Lights
The Drift HD Ghost is the only action camera packaged standard with a wearable on/off remote control with LEDs and wrist strap. The smartly placed LED lights on the remote instantly communicate the mode currently in use, eliminating the question action camera enthusiasts hate to utter, “Is my camera on?” The remote also streamlines functionality by allowing users to take photos and change function mode from more than 30 feet away, as well as start and stop recording. This saves precious memory space and battery life so you can capture a full day of activities without wasting time.
Drift Flashbak® Video Tag/Loop
Action sports enthusiasts can save a recorded event up to five minutes after it has happened while in Video Tag/Loop mode, which records footage in a continuous loop style. The video clip is stored in the camera’s memory, and will save the clip only if the user chooses to “tag” it.
Built-in 2-inch LCD Screen with Gorilla Glass®
The screen allows quick, real-time viewing of camera angles before you even press record. It also supports instant video playback of recorded footage, making it easier than ever to edit, delete and relive your favorite actions whenever, and wherever, you want. Plus, its durable Gorilla Glass® screen is covered with tempered silicate glass to ensure scratch-proof performance even in the most rugged terrains.
Drift Datalink® Wi-Fi Enabled & Drift App
The Drift HD Ghost comes Wi-Fi-enabled to communicate instantly with smart phones. Combined with the Drift mobile app (coming soon for both IOS and Android) you can preview and line up a shot remotely from your phone, change camera settings, shot recording, photo capture and playback, directly through your mobile device. You can even instantly download content from the camera to your smart phone and share content wirelessly across your favorite social media platforms.
The Drift HD Ghost has the longest battery life on the market, providing 3 hours of recording time per charge, courtesy of the included 1700mAh rechargeable lithium-ion battery. The DRIFT Powerstation® also uniquely places the battery in the center of the camera maximizing battery life and providing an anti-vibrational system.
Advanced Pure® audio technology
The microphone features digital and mechanical dynamic modulation technology which offers the latest innovations in digital signal processing and wind-noise reduction to provide crystal clear audio. As standard with Drift, we provide multiple sensitivity settings and an external 3.5mm microphone-in connector to further enhance the captured audio.
Enhanced Seven element lens design
The Drift Ghost boasts an upgraded lens design consisting of seven elements ensuring optically pure performance whether you’re filming those epic runs down the slopes of the Alps, or blasting down country lanes on your motorbike. This guarantees the user high clarity, vibrantly colored, stunning HD video.
Waterproof to 3 metres without any housing.
The Drift HD Ghost features an improved design allowing the camera to be three meters waterproof out of the box. So whether you are surfing in Indonesia or kiteboarding on the hood river Drift has you covered…. For the deep water enthusiasts Drift offers a uniquely designed waterproof housing which allows you to capture your adventures up to 60 meters depth.
- 1080p [1920x1080] – 25, 30 fps
- 960p [1280x960] – 25, 30, 48, 50 fps
- 720p [1280x720] – 25, 30, 50, 60 fps
- WVGA [848x480] – 25, 30, 50, 60, 100, 120
- File format: .Mp4 / .Mov (H.264 codec, selectable)
- Sensor type: CMOS
- Field of view: 170° (1080p, 960p, 720p, WVGA)
- Field of view: 127°, 90° (1080p)
- 11, 8, 5 megapixel Still Photos
- Lens focal range: 0.5m to infinity
- Lens rotation: 300°
- Zoom: x10 (digital)
- Exposure: Auto / Manual
- LCD Screen: 2.0″ TFT
- Waterproof: 3m (9.84ft)
- Microphone: Built-in, noise reducing microphone
- Built-in memory: 256MB
- Memory capacity: Micro SD memory cards up to 32GB
- Inputs: 3.5mm external microphone (extension included)
- Outputs: HDMI connector type C (cable not included)
- Connectivity: USB Plug and Play, mini-B USB connector
- Compatibility: Windows XP and up / Mac OS 10.2 and up
- Remote range: 10m (32.81ft)
- Radio frequency: 2.4G
- Camera dimensions: 105 (L) x 52 (W) x 33 (D) mm
- Camera Weight: 167g
- Camera Power: 1700mAH rechargeable lithium-ion battery (included) (DC 3.7V)
- Remote Control dimensions: 59 (L) x 48 (W) x 12 (D) mm
- Remote Control Weight: 22g
- Remote Control Power: 350mAH rechargeable lithium-ion battery (internal) (DC 3.7V)